Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) peanut butter
- 5 cups (1175 ml) rice krispies
- 1 cup (225 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (225 ml) butterscotch chips
- (can use 2 cups (475 ml) each of chocolate and butterscotch chips if desired)
- Cook sugar and corn syrup in large pan over moderate heat until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanutbutter.
- Mix in rice krispies.
- Press into buttered 13 inch x 9 inch pan and let harden.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips over hot (not boiling) water, stir to blend. (I melt them in the microwave)
- Spread over cereal mixture.
- Chill about 5 minutes until top is firm.
- Cut into bars (whatever size you prefer).
- These treats were at every family reunion I went to while growing up. As soon
as I was old enough to cook, this was the first recipe I asked for. They are
a favorite wherever I take them.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.