Print Friendly Recipe
- Leigh Ann
Serves/Makes:1 skillet of gravy
- 5 Tbsp (70 ml). margarine or butter
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1 can beef broth OR 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) juices from meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized skillet, melt the margarine or butter.
- Cook the onion in the margarine until browned; discard onion.
- Add the flour to the butter
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until flour is brown.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This gravy is very easy to make and goes well with beef, veal, or pork.
It also tastes great with mashed potatoes. For a variation, try using
chicken broth instead of beef broth.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.