Print Friendly Recipe
- Deep fried fritters
- 2 cups (475 ml) vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- confectioners sugar for decoration
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees (200 C.) in a deep fat fryer or other suitable pot.
- Lightly beat the egg, add the milk and beat to combine.
- Sift the flour,sugar,salt and baking powder together.
- Add the egg-milk mixture to the dry ingredients and beat till smooth.
- Holding your finger over the bottom opening, pour the batter into a funnel that has an opening of 3/4 inch.
- Through the opening at the bottom of the funnel, drop the batter into the hot oil.
- Swirl the batter into circles, from the center out.
- Each cake should be about 6 inches in diameter.
- Fry the cakes until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.