Print Friendly Recipe
- Joyce Anderson
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 1 lb (.5 kg). 13 oz (364 grm). can tomatoes
- 1 32 oz (896 grm). can mild flavored chili
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package spaghetti
- 12 oz (336 grm). cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (225 ml) dairy sour cream
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cooking oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- In large skillet melt butter.
- Cook onion and ground beef until tender and brown; drain.
- Add tomatoes and chili, simmer 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Remove skillet from heat, stir in cheddar cheese until melted and fold in sour cream.
- Combine chili mixture and spaghetti.
- If using mushrooms, wash, pat dry, slice and cook in 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil over high heat in medium skillet until lightly sauteed.
- Add to chili-ghetti.
- Pour mixture into 4-quart casserole.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes; remove cover last 15 minutes.
- I use canned mushrooms (no need to saute) with great success - no difference in flavor.
This is a big hit with the guys young and old never knew one that didn't like it.
Freezes best if frozen before it is baked.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.