Print Friendly Recipe
- Joyce Anderson
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground chuck or round
- 1 cup (225 ml) soft bread crumbs (2 slices)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced green onions
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp (10 ml) dillweed
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, water, onions, egg, 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) of the salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix lightly.
- Shape into 24 meatballs.
- Place on a jelly-roll pan.
- Bake in a hot oven (400 degrees (200 C.) F.) for 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add flour; cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat; gradually stir in milk until smooth.
- Return to heat; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in dill and the remaining 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt.
- Spoon over meatballs.
- Serve with hot buttered noodles, if you wish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.