Print Friendly Recipe
- Lori Sweeney
- 40 chicken drummette or winglet pieces or 20 wings, tips cut off and cut into 2 pieces
- 1 cup (225 ml) hot sauce (tabasco, red hot)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red pepper jelly, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot pepper flakes
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Dry wings and arrange evenly on a broiler pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with foil.
- Sprinkle wings generously with garlic powder and pepper.
- Bake on middle rack for 1/2 hour, turning once and rearranging on pan twice to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with additional garlic powder and pepper once turning.
- Remove from oven and place in a large bowl.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour over chicken, stirring to coat.
- Return wings to oven.
- 1/2 Cook hour longer, turning once and pouring any remaining sauce carefully over.
- Serve on a lettuce-lined platter with slices of fresh tomato and cucumber around edges.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing for dipping or ranch dressing with a clove of fresh garlic crushed into it that has been refrigerated for the cooking period.
- This recipe was created in response to a plea from my husband, who could
never find take-out hot wings that were hot enough for him. (I have made
far hotter, which he loves, but I can't eat!)
This recipe is for 4 appetizer servings, or one meal. (as in a wife
and a verrry hungry hubbie!)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.