Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped carrots
- 20 oz (560 grm). can cannelli (or other white) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (32 oz (896 grm).)chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced zuccini
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned tomato
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced potato
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sweet basil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- Melt margarine in deep pot.
- Add onion,celery, carrot and sautee for a few minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (except paste and cheese); bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
- Add tomato paste and cheese, simmer 30 minutes longer.
- An old Italian lady gave me this recipe a very long time ago.
If you would like to add shredded cabbage the amount would be
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.