Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chili powder
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1 can (15 - 16 oz (448 grm).) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, coarsely mashed
- 1 pkg. frozen corn and lima bean succotash
- 2 cups (475 ml) (8 oz (224 grm).) diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (225 ml) coarsely broken corn tortilla chips
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced jalapeno chili peppers
- 2 tsp (10 ml) sour cream
- Place chili powder in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over low heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add broth and tomatoes with their juices.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- Add succotash, chicken, 1/3 cup (80 ml) corn chips and minced peppers.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Put one tsp of sour cream in center of each bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining corn chips.
- Can be doubled.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.