Print Friendly Recipe
- Chocolate cookies with frosting and topped with coconut
- Angela Creighton
- 7 tbsp (100 ml) butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1 bag (6 oz (168 grm).) chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) boiling water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded coconut for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to mixture, mixing well.
- Add eggs and mix until well blended.
- Wet hands with cold water and roll tbspful-sized dough into balls.
- Place on cookie sheets 3 inches apart.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Add in cocoa and boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.
- If frosting seems too thick, add water.
- If it seems too thin, add powdered sugar.
- Spread on cooled cookies.
- Top cookies with a sprinkling of coconut.
- Very rich.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.