Print Friendly Recipe
- Low Fat custard flan with a sugar topping.
- Angela Creighton
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (14 oz (392 grm).) nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) skim milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- In a small saucepan bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil syrup, without stirring, until golden caramel.
- Pour caramel into a 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) souffle dish, tilting dish to coat bottom and some of side with caramel.
- Whisk together eggs, condensed milk, skim milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve into souffle dish.
- Put dish in a baking pan and add enough hot water to pan to reach halfway up side of souffle dish.
- Bake flan in middle of oven 1 1/4 hours, or until just set but still trembles slightly.
- Flan will set as it cools.
- Remove flan from pan and cool in souffle dish on a rack.
- Chill flan, covered, until cold, at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- Dip dish in a baking pan of hot water 3 seconds.
- Run a thin knife around edge of dish and invert flan onto plate.
- Each serving about 311 calories and 2.6 grams fat (7% calories from fat).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.