Print Friendly Recipe
- Angela Creighton
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) warm water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) lukewarm milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cardamom seeds
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups (1175 ml) flour
- Combine yeast, warm water and one tsp sugar.
- While yeast is proofing, mix milk, 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, butter, salt, egg and ground cardamom seeds together.
- Add yeast mixture and stir.
- Work in flour until dry enough to knead.
- Knead ten minutes.
- Put in large greased bowl.
- Let rise two hours or until doubled.
- Punch down and knead again.
- Divide into two loaf pans.
- Let stand 1 1/2 hours or until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) F. for 40 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.