Print Friendly Recipe
- A different "Sweet & Sassy" way to prepare "Shrooms" So easy & very good!!!
- Sharyn in KC
Serves/Makes:Depends on Presentation
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margerine (I use butter)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) onion, diced fine (sweet is best)
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). medium white mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar, well packed
- 4 tsp (20 ml). Worchestershire sauce
- 4 tsp (20 ml). prepared mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Add onion & saute until soft, stirring often.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cook until evenly heated.
- "Shrooms" can be served as an appetizer or as a side dish with Beef or
Pork. (Since I'm a certified "Shroom Lover", they work equally well over
scrambled eggs, etc.).
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.