Print Friendly Recipe
- Pamela Coates
- 6 cups (1425 ml) of mashed potatoes (Russet)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- Mix all ingredients, except flour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Heat griddle to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Seperate dough into 12 sections and form into balls.
- Flatten them out very thin on board dusted with flour.
- Bake on griddle until brown spots show, turn and bake on other side also until brown spots appear.
- Lefsa stores very well in plastic bags in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can also be frozen for up to 6 months.
We eat them spread with butter and sprinkled with cinnimon and sugar.
But you can add meats or even peanut butter and jelly!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.