Print Friendly Recipe
- A "delicious" candy recipe. Don't let the ingredient of potatoes deceive you!
- Doris McCarthy
Serves/Makes:4 dozen pieces
- 1 medium sized potatos
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Approximately 6 cups (1425 ml) confectionery sugar
- Peanut Butter to one's liking (approximately 6 tbsp)
- Cook potato, cool, and mash.
- Potato must be cold! It is best if it has been refrigerated for awhile.
- Mashing: It is best if you can put the potato through a potato ricer as you DEFINITELY DO NOT want ANY lumps!
- Add vanilla and enough powdered sugar to resemble a dough.
- Divide in two.
- Roll out just like you would a pie crust, spread peanut butter, roll up into a small roll, refrigerate about 3 hours, then cut into small pieces. Make sure it is cold when you cut it.
- My mother used to make this candy with left over potatoes when I was a
child. You might want to cook a few extra ones!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.