Print Friendly Recipe
- Sally Tarasoff
Serves/Makes:1 9x9x2 inch cake
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 2 cups (475 ml) Bisquick
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) cranberry sauce
- Sugar Icing:
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.) and grease a 9 inch x 9 inch square pan.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts and cinnamon.
- Combine baking mix, sugar, egg, and milk.
- Beat well and spread into pan.
- Spoon cranberry sauce over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar icing ingredients.
- While warm frost with icing.
- You can use either regular cranberry sauce or the one with whole berries.
My mother would make this for hurried holiday breakfasts before church.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.