Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 whole chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg).)
- 4 thin slices black forest ham or prosciutto
- 4 thin slices swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- Hollandaise or Bernaise sauce, optional
- Cut chicken breasts in half, lengthwise.
- Flatten each half breast to 1/4 inch thickness, between plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Place 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each breast.
- Roll up carefully, secure with toothpicks, beginning at narrow end.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Coat rolls in flour mixture.
- Dip rolls into egg, roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook rolls in oil 5 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until light brown.
- Add water; cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- I usually serve the chicken with Hollandaise or Bernaise sauce on the side.
Hope you enjoy!!!! Also great with egg noodles as a side dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.