Print Friendly Recipe
- Chicken Broth with Egg Chinese
- William Bohannon
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken broth
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 3 raw chicken wings
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) corn starch mixed with a little water
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soy sauce
- 1 large egg or 2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
- Place broth, boullion cube and chicken wings into soup pot.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes till chicken is done and tender. Remove chicken. (Use chicken meat for salads.)
- Skim broth.
- Add soy sauce and corn starch mixture.
- Taste for salt. Add more water if necessary.
- Bring to a boil until thickened slightly.
- Turn off heat.
- Swirl broth until it it keeps swirling by itself.
- Drizzle in egg while it is swirling. DO NOT STIR.
- Toss in green onions.
- Cover and keep warm.
- I saw a Chinese lady make this in an expensive chinese restaurant.
She was famous for her delicious soups.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.