Print Friendly Recipe
- Joyce Anderson
Serves/Makes:1 9-inch pie
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 cookies)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot preserves
- 1 carton (15 oz (420 grm).) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 squares (1 oz (28 grm). each) semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream, whipped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine the wafer crumbs and butter.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 6-8 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned; cool.
- Spread preserves over crust.
- In a mixing bowl, beat ricotta, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate, chopped almonds and apricots.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into the crust.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- I haven't tried this (but I'm dying to - so many recipes, so little time!)
It was a runner up in a pie contest from Taste of Home Magazine, and
featured in their June/July '98 issue. Their notes said is was similar
to a traditional Italian ricotta pie but with a few fun twists.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.