Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- Venison can be substituted for beef in all recipes. Below are some preparation tips.
- Ideas for venison:
- Try making your favorite beef stew with the venison.
- Season with plenty of worcestershire sauce in the stew.
- Pound pieces of venison with a meat hammer and plenty of seasoned flour.
- Fry them and make a brown gravy with mushrooms; or leave plain and dip in ketchup for a quicker meal.
- To remove/lessen the gamey taste:
- Soak the portion of venison in milk overnight.
- Par-boil in milk (or seasoned milk w/onion)for a while then transfer the partly cooked venison back into the recipe.
- Blend the venison with other meats to tone it down. Remove and discard all of the fat from the venison.
- Use more seasoning to mask the gamey taste. Red pepper, Garlic, Cumin, Bell Peppers, Onions, Celery Seed, Thyme, Oregano, Parsley, Shrimp, Catfish Fillet, Old Bay Seasoning, 2 tomatoes, baby okra, ahhhhh can you smell the Gumbo yet? Venison would be good in a pot of rich gumbo with other meats.
- Use less venison.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.