Print Friendly Recipe
- A savory and easy soup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into half rings
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sage leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- In a sauce pan, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook until the onion is starting to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, parsley, green onions, thyme, sage, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Before serving, remove the thyme sprig and sage leaf.
- I was aiming to make some black bean soup. Got the broth, carrot, and
onions out, then realized there were no black beans. The herb pot
provided the answer. Add some Tabasco if you want, to ease out of the
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.