Print Friendly Recipe
- Georgette Todd
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bag of navy beans or great northern beans
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- ham hock
- 2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Soak the beans in water overnight.
- In the morning, drain the water off.
- Put the beans, salt, pepper, and ham hock in to a crock pot.
- Cover with water.
- Cook on low heat all day, until the beans are no longer hard.
- Follow directions for the Jiffy corn muffin mix.
- When everything is done, butter your corn muffin and pour the beans over top.
- This is a very easy, cheap, and delicious recipe. My grandfather always makes it for me. He ate it alot during the depression. It comes from West Virginia.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.