Print Friendly Recipe
- Orange-flavored quick bread with whole cranberries.
- Grace Burkins
Serves/Makes:1 large loaf or 2 small loaves
- 1 whole orange, seeds removed.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- boiling water
- 1 whole egg
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 3/4- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) walnuts, optional.
- Grind the orange in a blender or food processor. You can include some, all or none of the orange peel.
- Place the orange in a 2 cups (475 ml) measure.
- Add the margarine and boiling water to 1-1/4 cups (300 ml).
- Add the egg, beat, and set aside.
- Mix together, in a bowl, all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir the moist ingredients into the dry, until barely combined.
- Grease and flour either 1 large tin or 2 small tins.
- Bake the bread at 350 degrees (175 C.) F., for 30-40 minutes.
- I have no idea where this recipe originally came from. My mother has been making it for years. My only problem has been cooking it long enough. It can take 5-10 minutes longer than the recipe originally called for. I always check it with a toothpick.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.