Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:about four servings
- 1 full head of cauliflower
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). bag of frozen cauliflower, or about a pound of fresh/frozen vegetables, broccoli, etc.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 chicken boullion cube
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cubed processed cheese (i.e. Velveeta)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- garlic, to taste
- Cut up the fresh cauliflower (or other vegetables), or take the frozen ones and boil them in the water until not quite tender. Do not drain!
- Combine the milk, flour, and boullion cube in a blender, blending until smooth.
- Add the cubed Velveeta to the blender, blend (a few pulses) until just combined.
- While stirring, add this blender mixture to the cauliflower and/or other vegetables along with their cooking water, in the same pan as they were cooked in.
- Stir over low heat until it comes to a simmer, continue to simmer for about 3 minutes, until the soup thickens.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic to your liking, stir, and serve.
- The chicken boullion cube enhances the cheesiness of this soup.
Goes great with warm, crusty bread smothered with butter. You can also make it with any other vegetable.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.