Print Friendly Recipe
- Just a little richer (if that's possible) than a straight Cream of Crab.
- Of Tide and Thyme - Junior League of Annapolis, MD
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) white pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). grated cheddar cheese (use white cheddar to keep white color)
- dash Tabasco or 1 tsp (5 ml) prepared brown mustard
- 2 cups (475 ml) crab meat, shell and cartiage removed
- chopped chives
- Old Bay Seasoning
- In saucepan melt butter and blend in salt, pepper, and flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add cheese, stirring over low heat until cheese melts.
- Add crabmeat and heat very slowly.
- Garnish with chives and Old Bay.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.