Print Friendly Recipe
- Vegetable or Fish Pureed Soup Without Cream/Milk
- william bohannon
- 6 ears of white corn (sweet OK)
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) of beef boullion (double strength)
- 1 can white homminy
- 1 can black beans
- 3 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- red pepper to taste
- toasted nuts (Pecans or Chestnuts)for garnish
- Shuck the fresh corn and remove the silks.
- Light 5-6 charcoal briquettes on the grill.
- Place corn on grill and add some mesquite and hickory chips to the coals.
- Smoke the corn for 30 min on a low fire.
- Bring the stock, boullion, and seasonings to a boil.
- Reduce stock slightly.
- Remove corn from cob with sharp knife or mandoline.
- Combine corn, hominy (with juice), and beans.
- Place corn mix and stock in blender in small batches and puree.
- Return pureed soup to pot and keep warm.
- Check seasonings.
- Serve with toasted nuts sprinkled on top.
- There are many recipes for Connahani.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.