Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). asparagus, canned or fresh
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken broth (from cooking the breast)
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can mushrooms, drained
- 3 large chicken breasts, cooked
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) snipped parsley
- dash of pepper
- grated cheese, optional
- Melt butter, blend in flour, add broth and cook until thick.
- Add mushrooms and a dash of pepper.
- Slice chicken breasts, arrange in Pyrex dish and pour half the sauce over it.
- Arrange asparagus and pour remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs and parsley over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 20 minutes.
- If desired, sprinkle grated cheese over the baked casserole.
- This was the first dish I fixed my husband. And now 10 years and two
kids later it is still the way to his heart. It makes them think you
can actually cook!!!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.