Print Friendly Recipe
- Melody McAllister
- 3 eggs
- 6 cooked asparagus (or as many as you can fit into an omlette)
- canned sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 slice american cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- white sauce:
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) margarine
- salt to taste
- a pinch of sugar
- White sauce:
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the flour, salt and sugar.
- Cook slightly, until it just barely starts to brown.
- Add the milk all at once, and heat on medium till thickened but not quite to boiling.
- Beat the three eggs, salt and pepper and add to frying pan. pulling in the edges as it cooks.
- Add the cooked asparagus, cheese, and mushrooms if desired (you can also add sauteed onions or anything else you'd like at this point.)
- I then put it under the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Slide out onto plate and top with white sauce.
- I hope you like this recipe as much as I do. I serve it with
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.