Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 1 20 lb (9.1 kg). Ostritch thigh (plucked)
- 1 Large White Onion (peeled and halved)
- 1 sliced Red Delicious Apple (peeled and cored)
- 1 bulb of garlic peeled (15 cloves)
- 3 stalks of celery coarse chopped
- 1 Large Orange (peeled, seeded and quartered)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Vegetable Oil
- Kitchen Twine
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Fillet the Ostrich thigh roast (split and remove bone neatly).
- Wash the meat thoroughly inside and out.
- Fillet large muscle by cutting almost through.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil all over.
- Place Onion, Celery, Orange, Apple, Garlic, and seasoned salt in center.
- Wrap filling with the fillet.
- Sew shut with kitchen twine.
- Sprinkle liberally with more seasoned salt.
- Place stuffed ostritch fillet in baking/roasting pan lined with foil.
- Bake covered for 6-8 hours.
- Broil uncovered for several minutes to brown.
- Same as 20 lb. turkey recipe. Try turkey instead.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.