Print Friendly Recipe
- Meta Givens Encylopedia of Cooking 1959
Serves/Makes:Makes about 3/4 pound
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) grated orange rind
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) sifted powdered sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soft peanut butter
- Beat egg white until stiff.
- Stir in orange rind, lemon juice, salt and 2 cups (475 ml) sugar until well blended.
- Sprinkle the 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar over a piece of waxed paper, and turn the mixture out onto this.
- Using a rolling pin rubbed with more sugar, roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Carefully spread the peanut butter over the sheet like jelly on a jelly roll.
- Roll the sheet up like a jelly roll and wrap it in the waxed paper.
- Lay the wrapped roll on a piece of cardboard to keep it straight and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour, then transfer to a covered candy box.
- When ready to serve, cut in slices 1/4 inch thick.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.