Print Friendly Recipe
- Been collecting for years. Some cook book.
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted margarine
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 wooden sticks (Can be wood dowel cut into 6 to 8 inch lengths)
- In a pie tin, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, combine milk, egg and margarine.
- Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until well blended.
- Batter should be thick enough to coat hot dogs.
- If batter is too thick, add milk; too thin, add flour.
- Place 2 inches of oil in a pan or deep fryer and heat to 370 degrees (200 C.).
- Insert a stick in the end of a hot dog; dip into batter to coat evenly.
- Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm in a low oven until all the hot dogs are cooked.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.