Print Friendly Recipe
- Armenian Pizza
- Katherine's Armenian Great Aunty Nushir...
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fine ground lamb
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). fine ground beef
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) minced parsley
- 1 Spanish onion, diced fine
- 1 cup (225 ml) peeled/seeded tomato, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh black pepper
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 12 whole pita breads
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add onion, peppers, and tomato; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for pita).
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- While the topping is cooking, take a sharp knife and split the pita bread in half.
- Place the pita halves on a cookie sheet and brush with a bit of olive oil.
- Spoon some of the finished topping onto the pita bread and flatten with a spatula.
- Bake the lahmajoun for 15 minutes more until browned and crispy.
- This is one of our favorite family foods...The finished lamajoun freeze very well
when wrapped in foil...later, just pop them into the oven!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.