Print Friendly Recipe
- K. Goins
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) corn starch
- 1 cup (225 ml) hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) oil
- Combine 4 tbsp (60 ml) corn starch and 1 cup (225 ml) hot water.
- Cook until clear, stirring constantly. Let it cool a bit.
- Combine 1 egg, 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard, 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt, 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar, 3 tbsp (45 ml) vinegar and 1 cup (225 ml) oil (canola oil is okay).
- Add this and the warm water/corn starch mixture to a blender.
- Blend in blender until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- For years I did not buy any mayonnaise but used only this home made mayonnaise.
To make tartar sauce, use the above mayonnaise and add pickle relish.
To make Thousand Island Dressing, use the above mayonnaise and add pickle relish
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.