Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). large baking potatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) pasta sauce, your choice
- Steam the potatoes in their skins until tender.
- When they are cool enough to handle, peel and mash.
- Immediately add the flour and salt.
- Knead on a lightly floured board until smooth. (sprinkle a little more flour if the dough sticks to your hands.)
- Form into ropes the thickness of your thumbs.
- Cut into 3/4 inch pieces and press down lightly with fork.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi and boil until they rise to the top, about 5 minutes.
- As all pasta, gnocchi should not be crowded in the pot so cook them in several batches.
- Coat them with some of the sauce to keep them from sticking.
- I have never tried this but my recipe says that you can
substitute the same amount of sweet potatoes for a different
kind of gnocchi.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.