Print Friendly Recipe
- So easy, so good, so very Italian with little effort!
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground chuck or italian sausage
- 1 27 oz (756 grm). jar pasta sauce (I use Paul Newman's tomato and fresh basil)
- 1 25 oz (700 grm). package frozen cheese ravioli
- 4 oz (112 grm). fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garnish optional:
- parmesan cheese
- chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- In a large skillet, brown ground chuck or italian sausage over medium-high heat; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce and sliced mushrooms.
- In 11 x7" baking dish, evenly spoon 1 cup (225 ml) sauce mixture.
- Arrange one half package frozen cheese ravioli over sauce mixture.
- Spoon 1/2 of the remaining sauce mixture over ravioli, then top with 3/4 cup (175 ml) cheese.
- Repeat layering, ending with sauce mixtue.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until ravioli are done.
- Remove foil, top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish, if desired, with grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
- This dish is wonderful when served with a salad and fresh baked Italian
Bread (bread machine mixes work well here; are delicious and great
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.