Print Friendly Recipe
- Tom Ciavarella
Serves/Makes:6 Large Loaves
- 12 Eggs
- 3 Cups (700 ml) Sugar
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Butter
- 2 Cups (475 ml) Milk
- 3 Pkgs. Dry Yeast or Equiv.
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Anise Extract
- 5 Lbs (2.3 kg). or more of Flour
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) Instant Potatoes or equivalent
- Beat eggs in large pan.
- Add sugar, melted butter, and all other ingredients except flour.
- Add some flour and mix. Add remaining flour and knead until dough leaves sides of pan.
- Cover with tight lid or plastic wrap. Set in warm place.
- Let raise till doubled in volume and punch down.
- Let raise again.
- Divide into 6 portions and braid into loaves using three long strips for each loaf.
- Place on greased cookie sheets allowing plenty of room as loaves will end up being about 6 inch wide X 15 inch long.
- Place in warm area.
- Brush loaves periodically with oil to keep them from drying out as they're raising. BE PATIENT. It will take some time for them to double in size.
- Bake at 300 to 325 degrees (175 C.) - approx. 35 minutes or until tan.
- Cool on rack and paint tops with powdered sugar icing.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.