Print Friendly Recipe
- The Baking Sheet - King Arthur Flour Company
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 3 cups (700 ml) bread flour
- 2-1/4 tsp (10 ml) yeast (I use granulated "bread machine" yeast.)
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Select basic white bread.
- Select light crust.
- Press Start.
- Allow machine to complete cycle.
- Remove bread and cool on wire rack.
- I like this recipe so much that it is the one I now use for all my basic bread baking; I keep some on hand all the time. It makes a somewhat smaller, more compact loaf than some recipes, but slices up nicely and has a great flavor for either toast or sandwiches.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.