Print Friendly Recipe
- C. Thornton
Serves/Makes:aproximately 2 cups
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) mustard
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) of salad oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot water
- I like to make this in a quart size jar with hand held mixer. (It's easy to make and store it in same container.)
- Break egg into jar, beat well.
- Add all ingredients except the oil and beat well.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 ml) of oil and beat well.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) of oil at a time and beat until thick.
- The recipe calls for 1 cup (225 ml) to 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) of oil ... the less oil you use, the thicker the mayonaise will be.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.