Print Friendly Recipe
- Deborah G
- 1 oz (28 grm). butter (1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) self rising flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and rind
- 2 eggs, separated
- Cream butter and sugar, add flour, mix again.
- Add juice of 2 lemons and the grated rind of 1 lemon.
- Add milk and beaten yolks.
- Whip whites until stiff then mix into other ingredients.
- Pour into buttered pie dish and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.) until golden brown and firm to touch.
- I think my mother got this recipe from my paternal grandmother who is now 84 years old.
She grew up and spent most of her life in country Victoria, Australia.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.