Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 6.5 oz (182 grm). cans clams, minced or chopped yourself, save the clam juice.
- 8 cloves garlic,chopped finely
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- Pinch of oregano or to taste
- Black pepper, ground to taste, the more the spicier the sauce. I use about 10 turns on pepper grinder.
- Fresh parsley, about 1/2 of the bunch, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). of linguine or spaghetti
- Small bottle of clam juice, could use anything up to about 14 ounces.
- Sautee garlic in the olive oil with parsley and black pepper, cook till garlic is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add clam juice, heat till boiling.
- Add oregano pinch or to taste, simmer about 3 minutes.
- Add chopped clams, HEAT BUT DO NOT BOIL!!
- Serve with lingiune or spaghetti. You can cook pasta before making sauce and run under hot water to revive.
- When sauce is done put pasta in large serving bowl and add the sauce half at a time and toss. Serve immediately.
- You can add locatelli cheese when you toss for added flavor, the cheese gives it a nice taste.
- If you like a thicker sauce, mix a little cornstarch in clam juice and stir in while simmering.
- I never really liked white clam sauce but my Mom had this recipe and I
made it and now I love it. Hope you will too. Enjoy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.