Print Friendly Recipe
- easy health bread - everyone's favourite - freezes well
- Sharon Plett
Serves/Makes:1 large or 2 small loaves
- 16 oz (448 grm). stirred Bulgarian yoghurt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey/syrup
- 2 cups (475 ml) wholewheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) crushed wheat
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- heaped 1 tsp (5 ml) bi-carb
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of combined linseed, wholewheat kernels, bran
- In first bowl combine yoghurt and honey.
- In second bowl combine all dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to yoghurt mixture.
- Place in greased tin/s and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
- Leave to cool in tin/s.
- This is a South African recipe which I have made constantly for years.
Everyone who tries it enjoys it.
I use smaller loaf tins and make two at a time.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.