Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 3/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) carrot, slivered
- 3-1/2 tbsp (50 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). celery salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 8 count package crescent rolls (low fat work fine)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger with onion; drain.
- Leave burner on low and add cabbage, carrots, soy sauce, and spices.
- Cook until cabbage is wilted and soft, about 7 minutes.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch casserole dish.
- Put half of the meat/cabbage mixture on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Take 4 crescent rolls, open them up and arrange them so they cover the layer in the dish (I try to press the seams together).
- Add the rest of the meat/cabbage mixture, layer the other 4 open rolls and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 35 minutes.
- We adapted a regular Runza recipe so that it tastes a
little like an egg roll, not overwhelmingly so.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.