Print Friendly Recipe
- Vanilla soft drink
- William Bohannon
- 1 Cup (225 ml) Water
- 1 Cup (225 ml) Sugar
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) Vanilla Extract
- 2 drops Red Food Color (optional)
- Club Soda
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in vanilla extract and coloring.
- When cool pour 3 Tbs (45 ml) in a glass add ice and fill with club soda.
- Garnish with strawberry or mint if desired.
- Other flavors can be made the same way. In the old days the carbonation
was provided by the action of yeast on the sugar (fermentation) and the
first sodas were actually slightly alcoholic like a sweet flavored beer.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.