Print Friendly Recipe
- Homemade cheese stick rolled up in a chicken breast
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped mushrooms
- 2 TBS (30 ml) butter or margerine
- 2 TBS (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded sharp cheese
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 6 whole chicken boned breasts cut in halves
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dry bread crumbs
- Step 1 (Can be prepared a day ahead):
- Cook mushrooms and onion in butter.
- Add flour, cream, and salt.
- Cook until mixture is very thick.
- Stir in cheese over low heat just until melted.
- Pour into greased dish and chill at least one hour.
- Slice into sticks.
- Step 2:
- Pound the breast until 1/4 inch thick, and season with salt.
- Roll cheese stick in each and secure with toothpicks. (Do all the breasts and then go on to next step)
- Dust with flour.
- Dip in eggs and roll in bread crumbs.
- Cover and chill one hour.
- Fry 5 minutes in deep hot fat or until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Take toothpicks out at this point.
- May be frozen at this point. Before serving defrost.
- Bake for 45 minutes in 325 degree (175 C.) oven.
- Serve Hot.
- This is a very elegant dish. Much like Chicken Kiev.
Great for a dinner party for some very special guest.
Serve with Brown Rice, Green Beans, Pretzel Salad,
Hot Rolls and Iced Tea, and your favorite dessert. I like
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.