Print Friendly Recipe
- Piano Fairy
- 1 cup (225 ml) scalded milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lard
- 4 tsp (20 ml). salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) honey
- 1 cup (225 ml) water, 110-115 degrees
- 2 pkg. dry yeast
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). brown sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) whole wheat flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) or more white flour
- Mix scalded milk, lard, salt & honey and let cool to lukewarm - about 85 degrees (30 C.).
- Mix water, yeast & brown sugar and let stand to dissolve for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yeast mixture to milk mixture.
- Add whole wheat flour and enough white flour to make dough.
- Mix well.
- Knead 5 - 10 minutes.
- Put in bowl to rise until double in size.
- Punch down and divide into two portions.
- Let rest 5 - 10 minutes and then shape into two loaves.
- Let rise in pans one hour or until double in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 5 minutes and 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool thoroughly before wrapping
- Be sure the date on the yeast package indicates fresh yeast.
Be sure the water that you dissolve the yeast in is neither too hot nor too cool.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.