Print Friendly Recipe
- Spiced tea can be served hot or iced.
- K. Goins
Serves/Makes:about 2 quarts
- 4 cups (950 ml) boiling water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tea leaves
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- Juice of 3 oranges
- 1 tsp (5 ml) whole cloves
- 4 cups (950 ml) cold water
- Pour boiling water over the tea leaves.
- Let stand for a few minutes, then strain.
- Boil together sugar, whole cloves, and water until it becomes a thin syrup.
- Strain this into the tea.
- Add orange juice and lemon juice.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- This recipe came from "Colonial Fireplace Cooking & Early American Recipes" cookbook by Margaret Taylor Chalmers.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.