Print Friendly Recipe
- Mexican type casserole
- K. Goins
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/3 can tomato juice, consomme, or water.
- 1 can kidney or chili beans with liquid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) oregano
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chili powder
- 1 bag corn chips
- a bit of chopped lettuce
- a bit more chopped onion
- Brown in a little oil the ground beef, onions and garlic.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, liquid of choice, oregano and chili powder.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- Alternate layers of the above mixture with layers of beans and then corn chips, ending with corn chips.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Before serving, top with chopped lettuce and chopped onion.
- Use crushed leftover taco shells instead of corn chips.
- Add shredded cheddar or colby cheese to top before or after baking.
- Serve with sour cream.
- From "The I Hate to Cook Book" by Peg Bracken.
I usually end up with extra taco meat and shells when we have homemade tacos, so I make this recipe which my whole family likes.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.