Print Friendly Recipe
- Tortillas prepared like pancakes
- K. Goins
Serves/Makes:One dozen tortillas
- 1 cup (225 ml) sifted flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yellow corn meal
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold water
- Combine the flour and corn meal in a mixing bowl and add salt and egg.
- Beat with a rotary beater (or mixer) while gradually adding the water.
- Spoon portions of the mixture onto a hot ungreased griddle.
- Turn each tortilla when the edges start to curl slightly.
- Do not brown.
- Cook on the other side without browning.
- From "The New York Times Heritage Cookbook."
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.