Print Friendly Recipe
- K. Goins
Serves/Makes:One dozen tortillas
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). lard
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in lard.
- Mix to a dough with the water.
- Knead the dough until smooth.
- Let rest, covered, 10 minutes.
- Form dough into balls 3 inches in diameter.
- Roll each ball out into a flat shaped cake about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle until spotted with brown.
- Turn over and brown the other side.
- From "The New York Times Heritage Cookbook."
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.