Print Friendly Recipe
- A favourite snack to serve with drinks
- Joan Russell
- 4 oz (112 grm). plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 oz (56 grm). butter
- 2-1/2 oz (70 grm). tasty cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 oz (14 grm). parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1 egg yolk
- Sift flour, salt and cayenne.
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the grated cheese and bind together with the egg yolk and sufficient water to make a firm dough.
- Roll out thinly between two pieces of cling wrap.
- Cut into strips about 4 inch long and 3/8 inch wide.
- Also cut out a few rings.
- Place on a greased baking tray and cook for about 8 - 10 minutes on the top shelf of a fairly hot oven - 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Cool and make neat bundles with the rings.
- My Grandmother made these, and so did my Mum. I serve them now at all
family parties, and they are always a big hit!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.