Print Friendly Recipe
- Silver Palate Cookbook
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sweet butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) finely chopped yellow onions
- 12 large carrots, about 2 lbs (.9 kg)., peeled and chopped
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh orange juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grated fresh orange zest to taste
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add onions, cover, and cook over low heat until tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes.
- Add carrots and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Pour the soup through a strainer and transfer the solids to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) of the cooking stock and process until smooth.
- Return the puree to the pot and add the orange juice and additional stock, 2 to 3 cups (700 ml), until the soup is the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; add orange zest.
- Simmer until heated through. Serve immediately.
- This is right out of the cookbook.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.